The amended NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rules 2018 (the rules) have been made by the Commissioner as “NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Amendment (2019 Measures No. 1) Rules 2019″. The rules will commence on 1 January 2020.
In the following paragraphs, you will find a summary of these changes, but the Rules 2019 is available on https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L01565.
Summary of the new changes
1. Type of Audit for the Body Corporate with Low-Risk supports and services
Bodies corporate (Pty. Ltd. Companies) will no longer be required to undergo a certification audit when registering to deliver lower risk/lower complexity supports and services only (listed below). They are now required to meet the requirements of the Verification modules, which is consistent with the assessment of sole traders or partnerships.
This change means that:
- They will be assessed against the Verification Module (5 standards) rather than Certification Core Module (22 standards).
- They will be audited every 3 years as “Recertification Audit”, and no “Surveillance Audit” is required.
- The audit will be undertaken as a “Desktop Audit” and no “Onsite Audit” required.
- … last but not least, the cost of consulting, developing the policies and procedures and auditing is now cheaper for them.
Here is the list of lower risk/lower complexity registration groups:
- 101- Accommodation/tenancy assistance
- 103- Assistive Products for Personal Care and Safety
- 105- Personal Mobility Equipment
- 108- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- 109- Vehicle Modifications
- 111- Home Modifications
- 112- Assistive equipment for recreation
- 113- Vision Equipment
- 114- Community Nursing Care
- 116- Innovative community participation
- 119- Specialised Hearing Services
- 120- Household Tasks
- 121- Interpreting and Translation
- 122- Hearing Equipment
- 123- Assistive Products for Household Tasks
- 124- Communication and information equipment
- 126- Exercise Physiology and Personal Training
- 127- Management of funding for supports in participant’s plans
- 128- Therapeutic supports
- 129- Specialised driver training
- 130- Assistance animals
- 134- Hearing Services
- 135- Customised Prosthetics
2. Frequency of the Surveillance Audit
The frequency of the “Surveillance Audits” for All providers who are required to undergo a Certification audit (but not Verification Audit), regardless of Business structures (listed below), has changed from 12-monthly to 18-monthly.
This change means that they will be assessed less frequently and consequently probably pay less auditing fee.
Here is the list of registration groups that are required the “Certification Audit”:
- 102- Assistance to access and maintain employment or higher education
- 104- High intensity daily personal activities
- 106- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
- 107- Assistance with daily personal activities
- 110- Specialist positive behaviour support
- 115- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
- 117- Development of daily care and life skills
- 118- Early intervention supports for early childhood
- 125- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- 131- SDA
- 132- Specialised support coordination
- 133- Specialised supported employment
- 136- Group and centre‑based activities
How ISO Consulting Services can help you
Please Check out our website for more details and download our FREE Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that is amended based on the new changes.