ISO 9001, the world’s leading quality management standard, is under revision, with an updated version due by the end of 2015.
The main changes in the new version of ISO 9001:2015 are:
- The adoption of the HLS as set out in Annex SL of ISO Directives Part 1.
- An explicit requirement for risk-based thinking to support and improve the understanding and application of the process approach.
- Fewer prescribed requirements.
- Less emphasis on documents.
- Improved applicability for services.
- A requirement to define the boundaries of the QMS.
- Increased emphasis on organizational context.
- Increased leadership requirements.
- Greater emphasis on achieving desired outcomes to improve customer satisfaction.